Acting on the orders of Joseph Stalin, Soviet engineers created the Mammoth Tank, the heaviest tank ever produced in the Red Alert conflict, to counter the increasing threat of the Allies latest tank. The Mammoth was armed with two 120mm cannons and twin anti-infantry and anti-aircraft Mammoth Tusk missile pods. An atomic generator powered the enormous vehicle. Mammoth was extremely heavy armored, it was also very slow. It was truly the last word in conventional vehicle technology. The enormous chassis was supported by a pair of treads on each side. The turret was plugged into the hull with a relatively thin screw-like extension. There is no large turret well and the turret is a self-contained module with crew transfer being possible between the turret and hull. The turret aiming and rotation mechanism is automated so much as it aim directly to its intended target swiftly. The vehicle is equipped to carry out limited battlefield repairs independently. In addition to being a threat to ground targets the tank’s missiles could also engage aircraft.
The CSAT updated the tank and rearmed it :
– They changed the engine due to his danger for the crew. The mammoth explosion made radiation for decades in the area and killed the crew years later even if they leaved the tank.
– There is now 2 Gaz Turbines in the engine compartment,
– They also installed two 188 mm cannons instead of the twin 120 mm.
– The turret armor is thicker than before.
– In order to modernize it’s capabilities they installed a radar in the turret nose between the cannons.
-weight :250 tons.
-armament : Twin Cannons 188mm 76 shells in total : for 1 canon(20 APFSDS/HVP, 8 HE, 10 HEAT), 12.7mm Coaxial machinegun, 35mm Machinegun and 12 missiles AA and AG.
-Armor can auto-regenerate until 50%.
-OPFOR camo side : CSAT, CSAT pacific, SLA grey, green, snow and Desert.
-BLUFOR camo side : Nato,Nato Pacific,Gdi,Desert,Woodland and snow
–Work in Progress–
-fixing the reported error/bug on the tank.
-Backfire missile stuck to the left missile pod
- Version 2.8 :- Fixed wrong camo snow texture for the turret.
– Tweaked the rvmat.
– Revert back from 152 mm to 188mm because the gun chamber measure 188mm.
– Added 2 new ammunition (HEAT and HyperVelocityProjectile available only for the GDI tank).
– Added Shells physicaly modeled, unlike Arma1 sadly arma 3 doesn’t show the 3d objects when they are going more than 450 m/s. i have put tracers instead.
– Lower a bit the armor resistance.
– the tank have less ammo, it’s still 76 in total. before it was something like around 90.
– changed tracer color red for AP and yellow for HE and green for HEAT.
– number of ammo 20 AP, 8 HE, 10 HEAT for 1 canon.
– HVP projectile are faster than the APFSDS (the GDI is the more advanced mammoth)
- Version 2.7:- added SLA texture to fit with CUP.
– updated the rvmat from old arma1 rvmat to arma3 rvmat.
– added flames behind missile.
– GDI camo back to the first one i made
- Version 2.6 :- added camos for Blufor side, snow,desert,woodland, nato pacific
– reworked the desert camo of opfor side
– Replaced the 188 mm for 152 mm, “realism” reason (damage are not changed)
– Fixed the smoke launcher effecti didnt put 20 mm machine gun as asked, it became too easy to shot down an helicopter with the gunner.Known bugs :
-missile backfire effect stuck on the left side.